Mama's Special Marble Cake

I've been making this cake for almost 20 years and I like to say that it's my specialty. I learned this recipe from my mother -...



I've been making this cake for almost 20 years and I like to say that it's my specialty. I learned this recipe from my mother - and it is marvelous.



It's really easy once you're used to the recipe, but here's a list of what you need:
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup sugar
  • ½ tsp cardamom
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 3-4 tbsp Nesquik cocoa powder
 

Start off by mixing the eggs, sugar and cardamom together with a food mixer til it becomes creamy. Then add the oil, milk and vanilla and continue mixing for about 2-3 minutes.

Next sift the flour and baking powder into one bowl and add it to the mix.


To get the two tones, move less than half of the mix into another bowl and add the cocoa powder. Mix again.


I usually use this baking form when I make the marble cake, but it's entirely up to you what you'd like to use.


To make it extra tasty you can add walnuts, but make sure to place them in the middle, just before we add the chocolate mix.


Fill in the remaining and use a toothpick to make patterns through the cake to create the marble look. Leave the cake in the oven for about 45 minutes with the heat on 180 degrees Celsius or 356 degrees Fahrenheit. (Don't forget to preheat the oven!)



 Enjoy!

Kitchen Carmen

You Might Also Like

0 kommentarer

Thank you for stopping by!