Festive Sponge Cake

I usually like to invite my girlfriends over for a nice brunch. When it comes to my brunches, I like to make the dessert a little extra spe...

I usually like to invite my girlfriends over for a nice brunch. When it comes to my brunches, I like to make the dessert a little extra special. This dessert looks really fancy, and can be used for any special event. 




Make sure to mix the above ingredients in one bowl 


This is a Middle Eastern kind of syrup. It requires the followings ingredients:

2 cups sugar
1 cup water
A tiny bit of saffron, to give it the yellow color (optional)

Boil it in casserole and add 1 tsp lemon juice. Leave it for approximately 15 minutes on the heat, when it's done just let it cool off.


Even up the dough on two equivalent baking pans. These two are about 20x24 cm. Put them in a preheated oven of 180 C for 15-20 minutes.



Here you need to add a tsp or two of the syrup and then spread it out.


Then comes the whipped cream.


After adding the whipped cream on the first layer it's time for the second layer. Just repeat previous steps



Cut off the edges of the cake to give it a nicer look.


Cut the cake in half.


And another half.


And now the halves into halves, well it depends on how big your cake is, here I could get three pieces from the 1/4.


Decoration time! Since this cake is simple and elegant, I decided to just give it some simple touches.





Enjoy!

Kitchen Carmen

You Might Also Like

0 kommentarer

Thank you for stopping by!