Apple Cake

Apple cake is definitely my favorite cake, and I've been mastering it for a while, so I thought I'd show you guys how I make an appl...

Apple cake is definitely my favorite cake, and I've been mastering it for a while, so I thought I'd show you guys how I make an apple cake, and since it's Saturday, it's time to think about the sweet tooth!




For the apples:
4 apples
1 tbsp cinnamon 
2 tbsp sugar
------------------------------
For the cake you need:
4 eggs
1/4 tsp cardamom
2 cups sugar
1 cup milk
1 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp baking powder
3 cups flour
------------------------------
For the Jam
5-6 tbsp apricot jam
1 tbsp water

OBS! Before you start anything heat up the oven, it should be 170 degrees.

Step 1
You start by cutting the apples into small pieces, add the amount of sugar and cinnamon and mix them together (with a spoon), leave it for 30 minutes.

While that is getting ready move on to step 2

Step 2

Mix the sugar, eggs and cardamom for 10 minutes, then you add the milk, oil, the vanilla and the baking powder. Mix it for 5 minutes, finish by adding the flour and mix it in for a whole minute.

Fill the mix in a roasting pan as shown above.

Step 3

Now you're going to put the apples on the pan.

Leave it in the oven for 40 minutes, but you should still check it with a toothpick.

Step 4

Meanwhile why not prepare the apricot jam?


This part is very simple, you basically just add one tbsp of water to the jam, just to make it a slightly bit thinner. The jam is going to be used to paint the cake.

Step 5


You MUST paint the cake as soon as you remove it from the oven!


Enjoy!

Lots of love

Kitchen Carmen

You Might Also Like

2 kommentarer

  1. salam carmen, thank you for sharing this recipe, it looks very nice, I will try it very soon. nina from UK.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!